There’s no need to be insecure about your assets with these 30 amazing swimsuits for broad shoulders. With clever tricks of the eye, you can draw attention to other parts of your body that you’re more proud to show off.
It’s summer once again! And with countries slowly opening back up, the beach is surely the number one go-to place to spend time on after a long year of staying indoors.
Finding the perfect swimsuit for summer can be a challenge for a lot of women with broad shoulders. Keep in mind, though: the body is meant to be celebrated and shown off, no matter what shape or size.
How To Choose A Swimsuit For Broad Shoulders
For people with broad shoulders, the upper body is usually wider than the rest of the body. This is also known as the inverted triangle body type. With a little bit of magic in the right places, it makes for a beautiful, athletic figure. The goal is to draw attention to other parts of the body with certain styles.
What To Look For
If you are looking to create the illusion of smaller shoulders, these swimsuit categories can help to deflect attention to different body parts:
- Asymmetrical or one-shoulder tops can break up the neckline, which can bring balance to the body.
- V-necks and sweetheart necklines are universally flattering and draw attention away from your shoulders.
- Bold prints, ruffles and volume at the bottom part can bring balance to your entire frame.
- Lastly, wrap-around bikini tops are designed to define and bring attention to the smallest part of the body – the waist.
What To Avoid
- Top-heavy swimsuits with ruffles or embellishments – these will draw even more attention to your shoulders.
- Bandeau swimsuits – these types of bikinis and one-pieces create a visual line that is parallel to your shoulders, emphasizing them even more.
Below, we’re sharing some of our favorite bikinis and one-pieces that will help you look your best on the beach – get ready to waltz your way into hot girl summer!
30 Best Swimsuits for Broad Shoulders:
1. Maddox One Piece from Riot Swim
Get this on Revolve
2. Water Work It Wrap Bikini Top from Lulus
Get this adorable bikini top (in multiple colors) here.
3. Sunset Afterglow Swimsuit by Pink Lily
Get it on Pink Lily
4. One Shoulder Tie Side Swimsuit from Shein
Get this swimsuit in the color Redwood here.
This one-sided asymmetrical design brings balance to broad shoulders.
5. Brown Sarang From Pretty Little Thing
Get this on Pretty Little Thing.
Balance out your upper and lower bodies by bringing more weight and volume to your hips with this sarong wrap bikini!
6. Sweet Getaway Swimsuit from Red Dress Boutique
Get this sweetheart neckline swimsuit here
7. macey from Tularosa
Get this bikini top on Revolve
8. Asymmetric Double Strap Swimsuit From Pretty Little Thing
Get this swimsuit on PLT (comes in black, white and cobalt blue)
9. Inez Bikini By revel rey
Shop this bikini on Revolve
10. Soleil Swimsuit from Hello Molly
Get this set here.
This emerald green one-piece features bold cut-out details which can help draw attention to the cleavage.
11. Get it Right Black Halter One Piece Swimsuit from Lulus
Shop this one right here.
This simple yet sultry one-piece is perfect for your summer getaways! The halter design is great for ladies with broad shoulders.
12. Swimming At Sunset One-Piece From Pink Lily
Asymmetric swimsuits are great in general, but this one gets extra points for the fun cutout detail!
Get this swimsuit here
13. Mesh Insert One-piece From Norma Kamali
This artistic piece does its job to draw eyes everywhere but your shoulders. Get it on Nordstrom
14. The Mykonos from Andie
Get this swimsuit on Andie (available in multiple colors!)
15. Ruffle Swimsuit from Zimmermann
When used correctly, ruffles are another great flattering way to take the emphasis away from broad shoulders. Just make sure they’re at the bottom of your swimsuit, not on your shoulders!
Get this swimsuit on Net A Porter
16. Gold Ring Tanga Bikinis from Pretty Little Thing
Get this one here
17. 9.0 Swim Philadelphia Bikini Top Blue from Beginning Boutique
This swimsuit is giving us major summer party vibes! Wrap around bikini tops take the attention away from broad shoulders down to your waist.
Get this one at 25% off here.
18. Sail The Coast Swimsuit from Pink Lily
Get this in sage green swimsuit here.
19. Tall Sand Cross Front Bikini from Missguided
Get this sultry bikini here.
20. One Piece One Shoulder Swimsuit from Pink Lily
Shop this one here.
21. Hayden Bikini From Montce Swim
Get this bikini set on Revolve.
22. Celine Swimsuit From Beach Riot
Get this swimsuit on Red Dress Boutique
23. Susan Bikini from LPA
Get this swimsuit on Revolve
24. Keyhole Banded Bikini From la Blanca
Get this on Nordstrom
25. Wrap Up Triangle Bikini From Wolf & Whistle
Get this bikini set on ASOS
26. One Shoulder Bikini From PatBO
Get this bikini on Revolve
27. Just Add Water Swimsuit From Lulus
Get this summer swimsuit on Lulus
28. Snake mesh Bikini From Norma Kamali
Get this bikini set on Revolve
29. Wrap Halter Bikini Top from Aerie
Get this bikini top here.
30. Sage One Piece Swimsuit from Pink Lily
Shop this swimsuit here.
We hope you found the perfect swimsuit to downplay your broad shoulders from this post. In case you’re still on the lookout for a great piece, check out more swimsuit ideas below.