There’s no need to be insecure about your assets with these 30 amazing swimsuits that minimize the look of broad shoulders! With clever tricks of the eye, you can draw attention to other parts of your body that you’re more proud to show off.
Whether you’re aiming to channel your inner Bond girl or simply seeking a confidence boost by the shore, we’ve curated a collection of swimsuit styles so that you can feel your best by the beach. But first, let’s dive into a few tips and tricks so that you know exactly what to look for in a swimsuit.
How To Choose A Swimsuit For Broad Shoulders
If you are looking to create the illusion of smaller shoulders, these swimsuit categories are the most flattering, as they help to deflect attention to different body parts:
- Asymmetrical or one-shoulder tops break up the neckline, bringing balance to the body.
- Halternecks and V-necks draw attention to your chest, away from your shoulders.
- Bikini bottoms with a high-waist, bold prints, ruffles and volume draw more attention to the hips, bringing balance to your entire frame. Swim skirts and sarongs are especially great for this!
- Opt for sleek bikini tops without embellishments on the top.
- Lastly, wrap-around swimsuits are designed to define and bring attention to the smallest part of the body – the waist.
What To Avoid
- Top-heavy swimsuits with ruffles or embellishments – these will draw even more attention to your shoulders.
- Bandeau swimsuits and swimsuits with thin straps – these types of bikinis and one-pieces create a visual line that is parallel to your shoulders, emphasizing them even more.
- Eye-catching prints on just the top part of the swimsuit – you don’t want to direct more attention to your top half!
- Tiny bikini bottoms – opt for bikini bottoms wit ruffles, embellishments or a high-waist to bring more balance to your frame, and more attention to your mid section.
Below, we’re sharing some of our favorite bikinis and one-pieces that will help you look your best on the beach – get ready to waltz your way into hot girl summer!
30 Best Swimsuits for Broad Shoulders
1. Beach Riot Carlie One Piece
$128 at Revolve
2. Summersalt The Sidestroke
$95 at Summersalt
3. Skims Swims Silk Chiffon Sarong Wrap Skirt
$68 at Skims
4. Baobab Maple Pareo
Wear it with the matching bikini top.
$170 at Revolve
5. Frankie’s Bikinis Izabella Floral Swim Skirt Bikini Bottom
Available in 2 more colors.
$95 at Frankies Bikini
6. Becca Modern Edge Lace-Up Bikini Top
$78 at Nordstrom
7. Agua Bendita Irisha One Piece
$160 at Revolve
8. Montce Mila Bikini Top
$122 at Montce
10. Beach Riot Joyce One Piece Swimsuit
$168 at Revolve
11. Lulus Get it Right Black Halter One Piece Swimsuit
$63 at Lulus
13. Beach Riot Celine One Piece
$148 at Nordstrom
14. Lovers And Friends Here with You Sarong
$78 at Revolve
15. Andie The Mykonos One Piece
Available in 7 different colors and fabrics.
$112 at Andie Swim
16. Becca Modern Edge Ribbed Lace-Up One-Piece Swimsuit
Also available in white, coral, white, pink and sky blue.
$148 at Nordstrom
18. Summersalt The Ruched Sidestroke Bikini Top
$60 at Summersalt
19. Becca Cabo Del Sol Ring Halter Bikini Top
$88 at Nordstrom
20. Superdown Misty Bikini Top
$48 at Revolve
21. Norma Kamali Snake Mesh One-Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit
$225 at Neiman Marcus
22. Robin Piccone Amy Halter Bikini Top
$138 at Nordstrom
23. Beach Riot Beach Riot Highway Ribbed Bikini Bottoms
$88 at Anthropologie
24. Hunza G Nancy One Piece
$215 at Revolve
25. Summersalt The Ruched Swim Skirt
Available in 7 additional colors.
$65 at Summersalt
27. J.Crew Halter Wrap Swim Dress
$110 at J.Crew
28. Beach Riot Emmy Colorblock High Waist Bikini Bottoms
$98 at Nordstrom
29. Cleonie Scallop Maillot One Piece
$180 at Revolve
30. Norma Kamali Halter Low Back One-Piece Swimsuit
$145 at Nordstrom
We hope you found the perfect swimsuits to downplay your broad shoulders from this post. In case you’re still on the lookout for a great piece, check out more swimsuit ideas below.