If you haven’t tried press on nails yet, you’re in for a treat! Before covid, I was a lover of gel nails and I always looked forward to my monthly trip to the local nail salon. However, during the pandemic, I discovered the fun and ease that press on nails bring. Now, I’ve converted to them and I’m not looking back!
Why Press On Nails?
There’s so many reasons to love press on nails, no matter if you’re used to acrylic nails or you use nail polish to color your nails.
1. There’s so much variety. You can choose from simple monochromatic nails to elaborate, crystal-covered nails and more! Many nail techs who’s main job is designing beautiful acrylic nails for their clients at salons also sell their designs on platforms like Etsy. This means that you can get salon quality nails delivered to your doorstep for a fraction of the price!
2. They’re reusable. That’s right! If you take care of your press on nails, you can wear them an infinite amount of times. This way, they’re more sustainable than acrylics, not to mention a lot more affordable! Which brings us to…
3. They’re affordable. You can buy press on nails for as little as $5 (sometimes even less!) and wear them an infinite number of times. If you’re more into press on nails designed by nail techs, the cost will still be lower than getting acrylics. For example, many nail techs sell their designs for $25-$40, which is a lot less than you’d typically pay for a salon visit, not to mention the maintenance costs!
4. They’re easy to use & they last. If you’ve had any reservations about using press on nails in the past, it’s probably because there’s a misconception that they’ll fall off wherever. That’s NOT true if you apply the nails in the correct way. I’ve followed Jackie Aina’s method to make my nails last 3 weeks and more! (If you don’t have time to watch the video, I essentially buff my nails, then put two coats of nail hardener, then glue the nails on.)
With this said, there’s no reason not to love press on nails! As a bonus, to my surprise my own nails are actually healthier and longer with press ons than they ever were with gels. You live and you learn!
Now, let’s finally dive into some of the best nail designs that are on the market today. You can easily shop all these nails by simply clicking on the pictures!
Best Places To Get Affordable Press On Nails:
- –Etsy (so many independent nail techs!)
- –Shein (Nails as affordable as $2)
- –Ulta (Great for basic press on nails)
Now, let’s get into the best designs on sale online!
The Best Press On Nails For All Seasons:
Abstract Press On Nails
Brown Nail Designs
Pink Press On Nails
Black Press On Nail Designs
Cow Print Nails
I hope that you found the perfect design for you! If you loved more than one design, you can of course shop them all. It’s always a good idea to have multiple nail sets on the ready when you switch your nail design. This way, you’ll always find something that fits your current mood, and you won’t get tired of your nails!
For more fun nail ideas (including more press on nail designs) have a look at the posts below!